From Friel’s Tri Training Bible, pg. 80
For each statement mark A for agree or D for disagree.
- I ride with a slow cadence
- I enjoy high-volume training weeks
- I prefer short races
- I consider my cadence short and quick
- As the bike intervals get shorter and quicker, I do better than most of my training partners
- I have always been better at short, fast workouts than at long endurance workouts
- I’m stronger than my training partners at the end of long workouts
- I finish long workouts stronger than most of my training partners
- I’m stronger in the weight room than most other athletes my size
- I’m more muscular than most cyclists my age and sex
- I prefer long rides to short ones
- My leg strength is quite good
- I bike uphill better than most in my age group
- I consider my technique to be very good
- I’m confident of my endurance at the start of a long workout
Count the number of Agrees
#1,5,7,12,13: _____ Muscular Force
#2,3,9,10,14: _____ Speed Skills
#4,6,8,11,15: _____ Aerobic Endurance
A low score of 0 or 1 is a limiter. A 4 or 5 is a strength.
Let me know what your limiter is… I might have a way to turn that into a strength!